Membership and Engagement Coordinator, CityStudio Global
CityStudio Vancouver Society is seeking a highly collaborative, service-oriented and adaptable relationship builder to join the team as our Membership and Engagement Coordinator, CityStudio Global.
CityStudio’s partnership model aims to facilitate collaboration between academic institutions and municipal governments to catalyze civic impact. Operating as a social franchise, CityStudio Global licenses municipalities across Canada and around the world to operate their own CityStudio program. New CityStudios join our Network to receive training, access to our brand, materials and other resources, and to learn from each other, sharing best practices.
The Membership and Engagement Coordinator is the face of the CityStudio Network, ensuring that the membership experience exceeds expectations.
The Coordinator is therefore responsible for:
● Onboarding and training of new local CityStudio Program Coordinators;
● Developing and implementing engagement opportunities for members;
● Communicating with and about members;
● Administering daily Network operations; and
● Evaluating and reporting on the Network.
Qualifications and Experience
You will bring to the team:
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Arts, or other related discipline, plus at least 2 years experience as a membership and/or network engagement coordinator or similar role, ideally in higher education, social innovation, social enterprise, community-building, civic and/or non-profit sectors;
● Proven experience in onboarding and training peers to a new program and role, as well as improving training systems and processes;
● Proven experience in building and maintaining effective relationships, and communicating with a network of peers, preferably in academic and municipal sectors;
● Demonstrated knowledge of implementing engagement strategies for a network of members who are nationally and globally geographically dispersed;
● Strong and natural customer service orientation;
● Proven experience in internal and external communications using different types of channels;
● Demonstrated knowledge in evaluation;
● An authentic professional curiosity for city building, higher education, and team collaboration;
● Equal parts confidence, curiosity, and collaboration;
● Self-awareness and ability to stay calm and curious;
● An aptitude for asking, How can I help?
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
● A proven trustworthy and open relationship builder;
● Initiative and ability to work independently, but also comfortable working collaboratively in a virtual team;
● Excellence in time management and organization;
● The ability to speak French would be an asset;
● Knowledge areas:
- Google Suite
- CRM, preferably HubSpot
- Online Community Engagement SaaS (we use Hivebrite)
- Project Management (we use Asana)
POSITION: 0.8 FTE permanent position, with standard three month probationary period
REPORTS TO: Director of CityStudio Global
LOCATION: At CityStudio Vancouver, 1800 Spyglass Place; Vancouver, BC CANADA, with some work-from-home flexibility
HOURS: 30 hours/week, Monday to Friday
COMPENSATION: $39,600 - $47,600 per annum based on experience (already prorated at 0.8 FTE), plus benefits after the probationary period
START DATE: Late November
Submit your CV and cover letter in PDF format with salary expectations to:
Include your full name along with the job title “Membership and Engagement Coordinator, CityStudio Global” in the subject heading of your email.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, November 12th, 2021
We thank all applicants. Selected candidates will be contacted for initial (remote) interviews. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for in-depth (in-person) interviews.
CityStudio Vancouver Society is a registered educational charity led by a board of directors. We are an innovation hub with the mission to bring together city staff with post-secondary students and faculty to co-create experimental projects that make cities more sustainable, liveable, inclusive and joyful. Locally, the Vancouver Program partners with the City of Vancouver and four post-secondary institutions. Globally, we license the CityStudio model to cities in Canada and around the world; since 2011, 586 city staff in 15 cities have worked on 1900 projects with over 11,000 students. These students have contributed more than 232,000 hours to their cities.
CityStudio Vancouver is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce that strengthens our ability to achieve our mission through inclusion. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, and a range of life experiences to apply. Do not hesitate to let us know if you require accommodations.
To learn more about:
CityStudio Vancouver Society, please visit www.citystudiovancouver.com
CityStudioGlobal, please visit https://citystudioglobal.com/