CityStudio is seeking an experienced, service-oriented Operations Manager with a proven record.
CityStudio Vancouver Society is a registered educational charity led by a board of directors. We are an innovation hub with the mission to bring together city staff with post-secondary students and faculty to co-create experimental projects that make cities more sustainable, liveable, inclusive and joyful. Locally, the Vancouver Program partners with the City of Vancouver and four post-secondary institutions. Globally, we license the CityStudio model to cities in Canada and around the world; since 2011, 586 city staff in 15 cities have worked on 1900 projects with over 11,000 students. These students have contributed more than 232,000 hours to their cities.
Working closely with the CityStudio Vancouver team, the Operations Manager is responsible for the successful day-to-day operational activities of the CityStudio Vancouver Society and its two programs. This includes human resources; vendor, partner and subscription contracts; board administration and support; and facilities management; and rentals. You will maintain, improve and create the key systems that allow CityStudio to continue thriving. This position supervises an administrative assistant.
What you bring to the team:
● Post-secondary degree in a related discipline.
● A minimum of 5 years of operations and management experience, ideally in the non-profit and/or charitable sector.
● Progressive experience in HR, organizational management, board administration and contract management.
● High competence in the best practices in HR, contracts and related systems.
● Self-set high professional standards.
● Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
● Outstanding organization, integrity, attention to detail and due process, and time management skills.
● Keen to identify and create opportunities and build trust relationships for collaboration.
● Service-oriented towards Society, the Program and the team.
● Flexible and dynamic to work in a creative team environment.
● Energetic, trustworthy and kind.
● Equal parts curious, collaborative and confident.
FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
POSITION: .8 FTE permanent position, with standard 3 month probationary period.
REPORTS TO: CityStudio Vancouver Executive Director
LOCATION: CityStudio Vancouver, 1800 Spyglass Place; Vancouver, BC CANADA
HOURS: 30 hours/week, Monday to Friday
COMPENSATION: $52,000 - $60,000 per annum based on experience (already prorated at .8 FTE), plus benefits after the probationary period.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
APPLICATION DETAILS: Submit your application to [email protected].
We thank all applicants. Selected candidates will be contacted for initial (remote) interviews. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for in-depth (in-person) interviews. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
CityStudio Vancouver is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce which strengthens our ability to achieve our mission through inclusion. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, and with a range of life experiences to apply. We will make accommodations if needed.